AMAZON RIVER EXCURSION
For those who have limited time and wish to experience the jungle, we have determined suitable sites for this purpose.
- 7 am departure from the Peru Amazon Adventures office by motocarro.
- Car from Iquitos to Nauta (1:30 hrs). Breakfast served.
- Private motorboat from Nauta to the Yarapa River (3 hrs).
- Canoeing and wildlife observations.
- Nocturnal excursion.
- Accommodation: Overnight in a typical village house.
- Canoeing and fishing for Piranha (Serrasalmus nattereri) .
- River navigating by motorboat (2 hrs).
- Set up camp and shelter.
- Short to medium hikes.
- Identification of medicinal plants.
- Drinking water from forest vines "Soga de agua" .
- Nocturnal exploration to observe wildlife.
- Overnight in the jungle.
- Return to the village.
- Construction of personal flotation devices, enjoy the fun of drifting downstream.
- Buying handicrafts (optional) .
- Private boat back to Nauta (3 hrs).
- Taxi from Nauta to Iquitos (1:30 hrs).
- Arrival at Peru Amazon Adventures office (7 pm).
Transfer from Iquitos airport, all land and river transportation, private boat, all meals provided for duration of trip, regional refreshments and purified water, native guides.
Materials: Mosquito nets, sheets, mattresses, hammocks and rubber boots.
Peru Amazon Adventures provides financial support for the village.